twd: Rewind to Russian Grandmothers' Apple Pie-Cake

April at Short + Rose picked Cherry Fudge Brownie Torte as this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe. To check it out, head over to her lovely blog.

The reason you don't see it here is that Cherry Fudge Brownie Torte sounds like something my high school best friend would LOVE, and I would HATE. Maybe hate is too strong a word, but my stomach lunges at the name.
So instead, I'm hitting rewind and making a recipe chosen before I joined TWD. To decide, I looked for something seasonal. Russian Grandmothers' Apple Pie-Cake hit it on the nail. It's essentially apple pie, with an incredibly good, sweet dough.
It's Halloween month so I wanted to make it a little festive.

Enter purple decorative sugar and wah lah, festive.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I loved that pie-cake - it was perfect! And a great choice, considering the season.

Anonymous said...

This was good. YUM.

Anonymous said...

This is the second time I've seen this recipe from the newer bloggers (like me!). It looks really good and I'd love to try it soon! =)