TwD: Tira-mini-su Cake

I went on a trip to Italy when I was a sophmore in high school and I remember trying very hard to like tiramisu. It was just so cool, with it's layers of creamy stuff. I couldn't stand the smell or taste of coffee and so I could never muster even a bite. But hey, as I've aged I have grown to love coffee, out of habit or necessity after long nights who knows. The only for sure thing is that I love my cup of joe. 
And this week I found out that I love my cup of tiramisu. I cut the recipe in 8ths and assembled it in a wine glass. Perfect for the mini tiramisu cake. Though the chocolate chips do like monstrous! 
I'm not a big fan of marscapone, so I substituted another creamy cheese - Neufchatel. It was yummy! This was a great little 'pick me up' chosen my Megan of My Baking Adventures

7 comments:

Megan said...

Big chocolate chips are A-ok with me! And that was the perfect size - so glad you liked it!

Unknown said...

Glad you liked it!! I've had tiramisu a few times before and never enjoyed it, but I thought Dorie's recipe was great!

Kayte said...

Sounds like a good sub...I like Neufchatel also. This looks very yummy...I can see my family loving to cuddle up with a cup of this in the evening.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! i'm glad you liked it.

TeaLady said...

How cute. Tiramisu parfait. Sounds perfect.

margot said...

I love the tiramisu in a wine glass, what a great way to serve this dessert. I'm glad you liked it this time around!

Engineer Baker said...

Assembled in wine glasses? Must have been adorable! I'm glad you like tiramisu now :)