TwD: CHIPSTER BROWNIES

I'm making history today people. This is the first Tuesdays with Dorie posting for which the dessert is already made, given, and long gone. You see, a few weeks ago a friend had a birthday. I asked her what kind of cake she wanted, and to my horror she shook her head, "I don't like cake." What? Okay, it's her birthday so she gets what she wants. "Well what would you like?" "I don't really like sweets." Alright, now this was getting a little crazy. I know people who don't like sweets, my brother being one, and it usually just means more for me. However, we were talking birthday here. So I tried one more time and got...brownies. Brownies?! I can live with brownies.
A big thanks to Beth of Supplicious for picking Chipster Brownies. In case you haven't guessed, chipster brownies are brownies topped with a layer of chocolate chip cookie. Oh yes, you heard right, this duo is out to blow other little brownies to pieces! Everything went smoothly with the recipe...until I got to the part where you spread the chocolate chip cookie dough on top of the brownie batter. My cookie dough was so heavy that it wanted to plummet straight to the bottom of the pan. I had brownie batter sputtering out in mini geysers. It was kinda a mess, and the resulting brownies look more marbled in the middle than they're probably supposed to. I was happy when I finally got the dough covering the whole top and popped it in the oven. As I set out to clean-up, I found an egg in the 1/4 cup measuring cup. Huh? Who put that there? Wasn't that supposed to go into the...cookie dough. Huh, I wonder if that's why it was so hard to spread?  
The forgotten egg made me a little nervous. The brownies smelled good, looked good, and were a bit dense and gooey (my fave-type of brownies). The chocolate chip top was a bit crumbly but hey, I had a birthday bbq to get to. So I boxed up the brownies and headed off hoping for the best. And people loved them! Deemed them "crack brownies." Finished them before anything else. Success. Even without the forgotten egg. There were a couple of people who could only eat a bite, before calling it quits. These brownies are not to be take lightly. They are double the dessert. I will definitely be making these again.  

10 comments:

Teanna said...

Hahah those crack brownies look delicious!

Charli said...

One little egg can wreak such havoc! Sounds like it didn't make a difference in the end though! Glad these were a success for you too!

Soy*Baby said...

I always freak out when I find some forgotten ingredient still sitting on the counter. They look wonderful and I have to agree with the name crack brownie. So good. Couldn't stop sneaking bites.

chocolatechic said...

Yours look so good.

Mine ended up very under baked, even after 90 minutes.

Anonymous said...

The brownies look really tasty! I had a chuckle when you mentioned forgetting an egg in the cookie dough! Glad it turned out well and everyone enjoyed your 'crack' chipster-topped brownies!
(Love those giraffe measuring spoons - soo cute!)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they were a success for you!

Hindy said...

Your little measuring giraffes are adorable! Don't you hate finding "extra" ingredients after the batter's in the oven? Sounds like your brownies were a huge hit. Well done!

TeaLady said...

Crack brownies - yes, Teanna, that is the right word. Seriously addictive, sweet, rich.

These look great.

My S-n-L is not a sweet eater, so when birthdays come along.....

margot said...

Glad they were such a success at the party, and congratulations for baking weeks in advance; I have yet to actually be that organized.

I was totally tempted by those Giraffe measuring spoons at Anthropologie - super-cute!

Brent said...

Someone really special must have given you those measuring spoons. :) I REALLY WANT TO TRY THE CRACK BROWNIES!! hint hint