RED PEPPER PASTA SALAD

I like the idea of pasta salad so much more than I like the real thing...
I love cold noodles...leftover Thai is the best! I'm not a mayo-hater and I love veggies. 
So what's the problem? I'm not quite sure. There's something about the way it all comes together that always seems stale, soggy, bleahhhhh.

So I decided to make one that was better than the rest. 
RED PEPPER PASTA SALAD
whole wheat pasta, boiled according to instructions
frozen veggie mix, added when pasta is almost done
1 red bell pepper, added after cooking when pasta is cool

SAUCE
1 Tablespoon sour cream
salt and black pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon Safflower oil
1 teaspoon rosemary

The result - it was colorful and pretty. I enjoyed it the first day. After that, it sat in my fridge waiting, becoming stale and soggy as the way all pasta salad seems to go. I'll try again though. Any great recipes out there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great summer salad. Thanks for sharing!